Bylaws & Policies
Vision - Mission - Beliefs
Lakeland School Corporation will educate and prepare ALL students for career and life success.
Lakeland School Corporation is passionately committed to developing the potential of ALL students through a career-centered educational system characterized by:
- A collaborative staff commitment to academic achievement;
- Pathways of learning opportunities designed to support student interests and potential;
- A commitment that no obstacle shall impede any student's success;
- A caring environment of integrity and encouragement;
- A comprehensive partnership with parents, the community, and local business, working collectively to ensure the success of each student.
We believe that:
- All students can learn;
- All stakeholders: students, parents, community, staff, administration, and the board of school trustees share accountability for student success;
- All decisions in our learning community will be made with the best interests of the students in mind;
- All students and their families are valued and have a voice in the learning community;
- All students and staff deserve a safe and respectful learning environment;
- Administration shall support teachers as they learn and implement new methods of instruction;
- Literacy is the cornerstone of learning and success;
- Emphasis must increase in the study of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics;
- Global competitiveness starts here. We must prepare students for success in a rapidly changing world.
Our educational focus will promote student development in the following areas:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Moral Purpose, Character Education, and Service Learning
- Career Planning
- Community and Global Partnerships